Warning: This post deviates from my usual snarky, witty content and instead contain potentially factual information.
I have been scouring the internet for information regarding the diet pill OxyElite Pro, and while some of the comments I found were relevant, I want to write my own review that will perhaps be helpful to others with similar situations as mine.
Due to some unfortunate circumstances (which will soon be blogged about, dear readers) I have been spending an inordinate amount of time cooped up in my condo. This has lead to some even more unfortunate weight gain. Because of my limited time available to get out and exercise or anything equally productive, I decided to turn to diet pills. Now, I’ve dabbled in my fair share of consumption of diet pills throughout the years, but OxyElite Pro seems to be in a category of its own.
OEP markets itself as a “super thermogenic”, which apparently means it raises your resting metabolic rate to facilitate weight loss and burn fat cells. (Hey, I never claimed to be a nutritionist or scientist, this is just what I’ve surmised). Given my current situation, this sounded right up my alley. I bought a bottle of OEP at Hi-Health for $41.99. The clerk at Hi-Health recommended I also purchase Vitamin C pills, as OEP is hard on your adrenal glands, and “won’t be as effective at the end of the bottle as the beginning” if I don’t take Vit C supplements. I proceeded to start with the “beginner’s dose” of one pill per day, in the morning 15-30 minutes prior to breakfast. I lost 2 pounds the first day of taking it.
*Note* I am also extremely restricting my carb intake and following South Beach Phase 1.
**Note** Most of the reviews I found for OEP were from users who would be considered “overweight” or “extremely overweight”. To be fair, I fall in neither category, and any doctor in the country would tell me I am of average weight for my height and build.
I am now on Day 15 of my diet, Day 8 of taking OxyElite Pro, and have successfully lost 11 pounds. I am still following South Beach Phase 1 guidelines, drinking an excessive amount of water, probably about 100 oz. per day (recommended on Phase 1 due to high protein intake, and in attempts to cut some slack on my adrenal glands) and taking 3 OEP pills per day. I take 2 pills in the morning 15-30 minutes prior to breakfast, and 1 pill 5-6 hours later right before dinner and typically before going to work.
PROS of OxyElite Pro (ha-ha)
- Rapid weight loss.
- Boost of energy which lasts most of the day.
- Seemingly effective ingredients.
- Extreme appetite suppressant. I usually have to force myself to eat. Although I suppose this could be seen as both a pro and a con, your choice. However, I have had almost zero carb or sugar cravings, which is always a plus.
CONS of OxyElite Pro
- Extreme moodiness. I can be as irritable as someone crashing from cocaine or other similar stimulants, to the other end of the spectrum and tear up at the drop of a hat. The other day I was told I look like I’ve lost 20 pounds, and instead of taking it as a compliment I went and cried because all I heard was “You were fat before and looked like you had 20 pounds to lose”.
- RASH! I have this grotesque rash covering my decollete, neck and upper arms. The rash isn’t very visible to the naked eye, but it’s itchy and feels like sandpaper. I’ve tried taking Benadryl at night, but to no avail.
- Jitters. Self explanatory.
- Contains DMAA, which has been banned in certain countries due to severe side effects, including death.
- I constantly feel like I’m high on cocaine, which I suppose also could be a pro, depending how you look at it. To me it’s more of a negative side effect.
Conclusion: OxyElite Pro is definitely the most effective diet pill I’ve ever taken, and the price tag to me is very reasonable. But be prepared to put up with moodiness, jitters, rashes and potentially very serious health risks. Honestly, I will probably just finish the bottle I have and then continue my weight loss journey through means of diet and exercise.
Just my two cents. I hope someone out there found my review helpful.